Adult Volunteer Program (ages 18+)
Medical Center of Lewisville offers an active Volunteer Program for adults. We invite you to join us in providing professional, supportive and dependable service to enhance the care of patients and the comfort of visitors.
What do Volunteers do?
- Staff Information desk
- Deliver flowers, mail & newspapers
- Assist Nursing staff with Indirect patient care in the Emergency Department, Radiology,
& Day Surgery
- Clerical positions in various departments
- And many other opportunities
What are the Requirements?
A gentle smile and a helping hand! Each volunteer at Medical Center of Lewisville is a valued member of our hospital team. For that reason, following completion of the Volunteer Application, a personal interview is conducted. This allows us to match the applicant’s interests and expectations with current volunteer opportunities.
Volunteering in a hospital environment requires a special training and orientation program that is designed to provide for the needs of our patients and family members. To meet all regulatory guidelines, volunteer applicants must:
- Attend a 4-hour hospital orientation
- Complete a hospital-provided TB test
- Agree to a background check
- Volunteer a minimum of 4 hours per week
- Attend training for specified placement area
- Meet other training or regulatory guidelines as needed
How do I become a volunteer at Medical Center of Lewisville?
Please take a moment and fill out the Volunteer Application. You can also pick one up at the front desk in the lobby at MCL or by calling Linda Hastings at 972.420.1548 and leaving a request for an application with your email address.
There are many special opportunities that await you as a Medical Center of Lewisville Volunteer. Join a diverse and talented team of people who share the joy of making life better for others.
Summer Volunteer Program (ages 14 - 17)
The 2013 Summer Volunteer program has been filled. Please check back in January 2014 for future volunteer opportunities. Thank you for your interest.