Education and support are top priorities at Medical Center of Lewisville. Whether your need for medical education and/or support is proactive or reactive, pediatric or geriatric, or related to career advancement, we’ve got you covered from head to toe! Our multi-disciplinary team of health professionals work collaboratively to provide comprehensive education and support for our medical staff.
Associate Degree Nursing Program
El Centro College Associate Degree Nursing Program at Medical Center of Lewisville
Acceptance to the Associate Degree Nursing program at HCA is by a competitive selection process based primarily on grade point average of prerequisite courses, achievement of minimum required scored on the required sections of the HESI A2, and meeting specific eligibility guidelines determined by HCA.
Application Eligibility Guidelines
To be considered for the Associate Degree Nursing program at HCA, an employee must meet the following criteria:
- Must be employed at an HCA facility for a minimum of six months.
- Is in good standing with the facility; no disciplinary action currently, or within the previous six months.
- Recommendation form must be completed by the manager or director of employee’s department.
An information packet is available in the Education Department at Medical Center of Lewisville.
In addition, the employee must complete the following steps for application as determined by the El Centro College Associate Degree Nursing Program:
- Application and current admission to a Dallas County Community College District (DCCCD) college.
- Completion of the primary prerequisite courses with a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 on those courses. There are 3 primary and 4 secondary prerequisites. Primary is 2.5 GPA and secondary is 2.0 GPA.
- Completion of designated sections of the HESI A2 Test with a minimum of 70% on each of the required sections.
- Submission of complete application to El Centro College Health Occupations Admissions Office, and specific application materials to Site Coordinator at Medical Center of Lewisville (972) 420-1524.
General Admission Requirements to the College
Applicants to the Associate Degree Nursing Program must meet college admission requirements in the Dallas County Community College District as outline in the official catalog on the El Centro College website. Applicants must have earned either a high school diploma or General Education Diploma (GED) in addition to complying with Texas Success Initiative (TSI) requirements.
Dallas County Community College District in cooperation with Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) offers the Associate Degree in Nursing program to selected employees. This opportunity is also available via distance learning. For more information, contact Chantal Bontemps-Christian at (972) 420-1524 or firstname.lastname@example.org.