Adult Volunteer Program (ages 18+)
Medical Center of Lewisville offers an active Volunteer Program for adults. We invite you to join us in providing professional, supportive and dependable service to enhance the care of patients and the comfort of visitors.
What do Volunteers do?
- Staff Information and Registration desk
- Deliver flowers, mail & newspapers
- Assist Nursing staff with Indirect patient care in the Emergency Department, Radiology & Day Surgery
- Clerical positions in various departments
- And many other opportunities
What are the Requirements?
A good attitude, a gentle smile and a helping hand! Each volunteer at Medical Center of Lewisville is a valued member of our hospital team.
Volunteering in a hospital environment requires a special training and orientation program that is designed to provide for the needs of our patients and family members. To meet all regulatory guidelines, volunteer applicants must:
- Attend a 4-hour hospital orientation (held once a month)
- Complete a hospital-provided TB test
- Agree to a background check
- Volunteer a minimum of 4 hours per week
- Commit to 1 year of service minimum
- Attend training for specified placement area
- Meet other training or regulatory guidelines as needed
How do I become a volunteer at Medical Center of Lewisville?
Please take a moment and fill out the volunteer application. You can also pick one up at the front desk in the lobby at MCL. Return instructions are listed on the application.
PLEASE NOTE: If there is a current opening available, the Volunteer Coordinator will contact you to set up an interview. If there are no current openings, your application will be kept on file and you will be contact if and when a space opens.
There are many special opportunities that await you as a Medical Center of Lewisville Volunteer. Join a diverse and talented team of people who share the joy of making life better for others.
Summer Volunteer Program (ages 16 - 18)
The 2015 Summer Volunteer program runs from June 8th - July 31st. Please complete the volunteer application and return to the hospital. You will then be contacted in March/April to interview and complete some required healthscreenings. All applications may be submitted by April 1st to be considered. Thank you for your interest.