Medical Center of Lewisville’s Cardiac Rehabilitation program is nationally accredited by the American Association of Cardiovascular & Pulmonary Rehabilitation. Cardiac Rehabilitation helps heart patients recover from coronary artery bypass surgery, heart attack and coronary intervention procedures so they can return to work and activities of daily living. Cardiac Rehabilitation includes monitored and supervised exercise training, education to optimize cardiovascular risk reduction and to foster healthy behaviors, and support to promote health and improve quality of life for patients with heart disease.
About the Program
The program is prescribed by physicians and designed to meet the individual needs and goals of patients with heart problems such as:
- Myocardial Infarction (heart attack)
- Stable Angina
- Coronary Artery Bypass Graft Surgery (CABG)
- Percutaneous Transluminal Coronary Angioplasty (PTCA)/Stent Procedures
- Valve Surgery
- Cardiac Transplantation
- Chronic Stable Heart Failure
- Ventricular Assist Devices
- Peripheral Arterial Disease (PAD)
- High Risk for Coronary Artery Disease
Cardiac Rehabilitation Team
The cardiac rehabilitation team consists of Registered Nurses and Exercise Physiologists, all certified in CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation) and ACLS (Advanced Cardiopulmonary Life Support).
Outpatient programs include:
- Telemetry Monitored, Phase II Exercise Program: MWF 6:45 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. & 1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Non-Telemetry Monitored Phase III Exercise Program: MWF 6:45 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. & 1:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Maintenance Exercise Program: MWF 6:45 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. & 1:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Wellness Exercise Program: Tuesday & Thursday from 6:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
- Phase II & Phase III Exercise Programs - Call for more information.
- Maintenance Exercise Program - $27 a month. New participants pay a one-time $25 orientation fee.
- Wellness Exercise Program - $14 per month or $35 for three months.
Physician release required for participation. For more information call 972.420.1526.
- Cardiac Rehab Physician Order Form
- Directions to the Cardiac Rehab Unit at MCL
- Heart Healthy Information
- Heart Healthy Surveys & Quizzes
- Heart Healthy Websites
- Phase IV Maintenance Exercise Program Packet
- Phase IV Physician Referral Form
- Wellness Exercise Program Packet