Medical Center of Lewisville offers comprehensive rehabilitation services through the Rehabilitation Institute with inpatient and outpatient facilities and the Human Motion Institute.
Rehabilitation professionals are an integral part of the recovery process. Our Physical, Occupational, and Speech rehabilitation specialists provide you with the highest quality care whether you are a current inpatient or require outpatient services.
We work with your physician to develop a patient centered plan of care. Our rehabilitation specialists restore activity through comprehensive education and skilled therapeutic services. They employ a variety of advanced techniques designed to restore normal strength, motion, flexibility and reduce pain. Our programs are designed to eliminate the deficits of an injury or musculoskeletal problem, and prevent it from returning.
Our inpatient program specializes in:
- Brain injury dysfunction
- Cerebral vascular accident (stroke)
- Congenital deformity
- Hip fractures
- Joint replacement (Knee or Hip) allowed if: bilateral replacements were performed, or patient is 85 or older, or BMI is 50 or above
- Major multiple trauma
- Neurological disorders (including Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinson’s Disease, Polyneuropathy, Guillain-Barre)
- Spinal cord dysfunction
- Dorsal or lumbar spinal cord injury with paraparesis / paraplegia
- Cervical spinal cord injury with quardiparesis /quadriplegia
- Very Limited polyarticular Rheumatoid Arthritis, Systemic Vasculidities and Osteoarthritis
- Other diagnoses such as cardiac, pulmonary and medically complex conditions
500 West Main Street
2nd Floor (Elm Street Entrance)
Lewisville, TX 75057
For more information concerning inpatient rehabilitation, please call 972.420.1005.
Our outpatient program specializes in:
- Treatment of neurologic disorders
- Pre and post-operative care programs
- Assessment and treatment of injuries of the foot, ankle, knee, hip, spine, shoulder, wrist, hand, and elbow
- Advanced evaluation and treatment of musculoskeletal problems, such as sports related injuries or occupational injuries
- Injury prevention on the playing field, as well as, in the workplace
- Evaluation and treatment of spinal injuries
- Educational programs for spine care
- Advanced manual therapy/mobilization of the spine and extremities
- Development of biomechanical braces and supports for the foot, custom sports braces and athletic pads
- Driving assessments
- Functional Capacity Evaluations
- Work Conditioning
- Ergonomic Evaluations
- Gross and fine motor integration
475 West Elm Street
Lewisville, TX 75057
Monday, Tuesday & Thursday 9:30am - 6:30pm
Wednesday & Friday 7:30am - 4:30pm
To make an appointment or for more information, please call 972.420.1775.
Human Motion Institute
Knee’d relief? Our Human Motion Institute features a leading edge approach to the prevention, assessment, treatment and rehabilitation of musculoskeletal injuries.
If you are having a procedure, click here for an informative presentation. Our program is known for it's quality of care. By combining extensive clinical expertise with a compassionate, caring treatment philosophy, we work with each patient and their primary care physician to develop a treatment plan specifically for that patient. Click here for more information.