Food and Nutrition Services
Medical Center of Lewisville provides a Hospitality approach for serving patients their meals. Each morning patients are visited by a Hospitality Associate to assist with the selection of their daily meals. This same Associate returns to the patient’s room 5 times throughout the day to deliver meals, assist with food choices, and offer snacks. The Hospitality Associate’s name and phone extension is written on the patient’s information board for quick and easy access. Medical Center of Lewisville’s Hospitality Program provides a very personal touch for the patient and allows for personal food preferences as well.
Registered Dieticians are on staff every day. In addition to screening patients for nutrition risk, the dieticians complete nutrition assessments, make recommendations to the patient’s physician, and provide nutrition education. Dietitians work closely with the Hospitality Associate and all interdisciplinary team members to provide the best nutritional care possible.
Our in-house café offers a variety of selections daily. Choose from a selection of hot entrees, grill items, soup, salad or sandwiches.
Market Café Hours of Operation
- OPEN M-F 7:30a.m.- 10:00 a.m. and 11:00 a.m.-2:00pm
- CLOSED on evenings and weekends
The Market Café is located on the first floor of Medical Center of Lewisville near the main entrance.
Subway at the Market Café
Subway inside Medical Center of Lewisville is located adjacent to the main entrance beside the Market Café. There is a full Subway menu and they can handle catering for 5-500 people.
- Open Daily 7:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m.
- For information or catering call (972) 353-1774, fax: (972) 353-1757.
Food Guide Pyramid
Base your diet on the food guide pyramid to have a healthy diet. A healthy diet emphasizes fruits, vegetables, whole grain products, and fat free or low fat milk and milk products as well as:
- Lean meats, poultry, fish, beans, eggs and nuts
- Low in saturated fats, trans fats, cholesterol, salt, and added sugar
- Limited intake of junk foods and alcohol
- A lot of water
- American Dietitic Association
- Dietary Guidelines for Americans
- American Heart Association
- US Food and Drug Administration
- United States Department of Agriculture
Food and Nutrition Services is located on the first floor of the Medical Center of Lewisville near the main entrance. Contact us at (972) 420-4000.