Emergency Services at Medical Center of Lewisville
Medical Center of Lewisville’s Emergency Department is staffed with skilled physicians, nurses and paramedics who have been specially trained to deal with medical emergencies, including rapid stabilization of heart attacks, trauma, poisoning, severe bleeding and other sudden illnesses in adults and children.
Emergency department physicians are board certified in emergency medicine with certifications in advanced cardiac life support, pediatric advanced life support and advanced trauma life support. Patients benefit from Medical Center of Lewisville's advanced emergency department and highly trained medical specialists who are on staff 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Medical Center of Lewisville's Emergency Room Expansion Opens September 28
Join us on Sept. 26 for a Community Open House.
Medical Center of Lewisville’s emergency room expansion supports the Lewisville, Flower Mound and surrounding communities’ need for advanced care in an environment that supports both the delivery of care and the delivery of compassion to patients and families.
- Double the existing emergency department size
- 24 private rooms
- Two trauma rooms to support future advanced trauma designation
- Imaging Services within the department plus advanced imaging in the facility via 64 slice CT
- New ER built on previous parking lot – not a renovation or expansion of current department
Just for Kids
The new Medical Center of Lewisville emergency room includes a Pediatric Emergency Department featuring:
- Separate entrance
- Separate waiting room
- Six Pediatric ED beds
- Pediatric trained ED Physicians & Staff
- Availability of Child Life Specialist
- Limited exposure to the “rest” of the ER
- Partnership with Medical City Children’s Hospital
- Expansion supports the growing advanced needs of the pediatric population of the Lewisville, Flower Mound community.